Friday, August 14, 2009

Celoteh Si Kecil

Assalamualaikum wrm wbt,

Dear Readers...
Just thought of posting a short one about my niece..my sister in law's daughter. I was talking to her a minute ago about me not knowing the road in Ipoh yet. I am in the process of knowing and familiarising myself with the roads and streets around here. However, I am the type of person who will only get familiar with a certain route if I use it frequently...

Back to our story, I am following my sister in law to a place and I will be taking back the car after. 'Ala kulli hal, I do not the the route back home. Hence, I asked my sister in law if I could take Nabihah along, kak Ila's 6 years old daughter. Kak Ila said OK! No Problem. Guess what? Nabihah knows the road...I am so amazed..

Hence I said,

" Waaaahhhh, hebatnya Nabihah!"

Do you want to know what Nabihah said?

"Memanglah che emi! Bihah dah lama hidup dekat sini!"

Then she giggled...for a small girl, she is very intelligent. In my heart I said to myself, Bihah sounds like an adult...

See..children will always put adults around them as a role model. They pick up things very fast, hence they will react or say things based on the examples set upon them. If the surroundings and examples portrayed are positive and proper, then the child will turn out to be a rather pleasant one. Otherwise, you know what output can you get from them.

There's an old malay saying, "Melentur Buluh Biar Dari Rebungnya".This is very true my dear readers. If you want to mould your children do it from when they are still young where we will be the one in responsibility to decide on the path that we want them to follow. One of the book that might come in handy to help us muslims to raise our children the right way is, "Tarbiyatul Aulad by Abdullah Nasih Ulwan". I have read part of it and as of now, in my opinion it is a very good guidance to learn how to raise a child and create the environment we want them to grow in.

Wallahua'lam.

May we gain some benefit from this post biiznillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment